Sunday, May 18, 2008

Trip to Chickmagalur

Its been a while since people had been telling me this --> "I think you need a break. If you keep going on like this, you might end up in a mental asylum."(They just dont know whats my true background...*pagal smile*) They were referring to nothing but my work. Its been a little over 6 months since I got into this new project. Lots of challenges, lots of responsibilities and what more, helluva lotta work. Result: You have a man who walks java, talks java, speaks java and what more breathes java. The social circle started to shrink and everyone who met me and who saw me crib about work told me to pack my bags and just leave.

And woooohoooo... Leave I did for a weekend getaway. After some basic research and singling out on places to visit, I decided that we should have an adventurous trip. Something like a hill station cum jungle place cum a place to relax and so on. And found one in Chickmagalur. For those of you who dont know where Chickmagalur is or for all the brainless who think chick magalur is a place where there are lots of chicks, let me tell you that its the heart of coffee cultivation of India. And also its a district in Karnataka. Now then..off we went to a resort in the middle of the plantations.

The journey started off on a predictable note with me being elected unanimously as the trip driver although for a fact lemme tell you that I never contested. :( So I had to do all the driving. 6 hours of Indian road can takes its toll on anyone I say. But surprisingly the drive was good for once the roads were awesome and our music had some punch. It was such a huge relief to see some greenary and breathe some fresh air. I already started feeling my shoulders get unstiffed.

And finally, after 6 hours of fantabulous driving by yours truly, we reached Muthodi checkpost where we had to park our vehicle and get picked up by the Resorts vehicle.


Resort: First Impression: We landed in the Resort and the first thing was a nice long swimming pool. Sadly though it was infested by some weird looking creatures which in most part of the world would be referred to as humans. Ok. Lets do this. Imagine a Bowling Pin. Now imagine a human size bowling pin. Now imagine the human size bowling pin having hands and legs. Now thats exactly how these few creatures in the swimming pool looked. In their early 50s, god knows what these people were doing in that Resort. Spoilt my whole mood. But yeah... Had a nice physics lesson --> The quality and quantity of water in a swimming pool is inversely proportional to the creature infesting it and its size respectively.

Phew...Some start to the trip eh?? Tell me about it. So then, we decided that we aint jumping into the pool that day although it was so hot. We dint want to risk our lives. The food was decent but the place was a touch too hot for a hill station.

The evening was pretty cool and we had a long walk around the whole coffee plantation and trust me... it was wonderful. I mean wherever you see, its just greenary and more greenary. The sunset was the clincher for the day and we ended up narrating impromptu horror stories during the pool side dinner. I still kept looking at the pool wondering if they had cleaned it and will I be able to jump in the next day. (Ok... I was desparate to swim in the swimming pool.. :D)

The next day we had plans of trekking up the hill. The 3 km trek early in the morning had the fit me up and going while the lousy nincompoops with tonnes of belly fat around were huffing and puffing all the way up. Sigh!! And finally we were at the top of the hill. What an awesome view I say!! I could literally see the horizon and boy... For a second I was like 'Wow... Is this what you call heavenly??' I was amidst clouds and the sun had just risen and the sky... Inexplicable. Worth the effort so early in the morning.

Then we got down and I was all excited that finally I am going to jump into the pool and lo. Murphy shined his blessings on me.

Introducing the Butt family: When we got back from the trek, we got to see another horrific tragedy happening. Again in the pool. A family of 2 couples+ 2 kids. I have nothing against them jumping in the pool but come on... Dont you have swimming costumes. You just dont jump in with your travel clothes on. Yuck!! Was indeed disgusting. So our plans of jumping into the pool again was squashed. One of us even suggested that we jump in and put them out but what the heck. We ditched the plan and went for a safari. Oh wait... I dint tell you why I called this family as the butt family na.. hehe.. Its gross but still. Both the couples were so fat that their err...butt was sticking out. :P:P

Flora and flora: The safari was supposed to be a wildlife safari and we expected to see a lotta animals. But all we managed to see was a dog which apparently is that of a villager, two deers and one rabbit. Thats it!! That is all!! 1000 bucks gone in thin air. :(

The evening was cool with a nice round of fishing. I know the activity sounds boring for even I used to say the same thing before I tried. It was good. I mean, it takes some skill to fish fish. :D I managed to catch 9 kutti kutti fishes, the max by any one of us!! But poor fishes... the metal hook would have surely hurt them. :(

And then there were quite a lotta this and that that happened in the trip which are definitely not all that mentionable as its been more than a week and I dont remember half the things. And more so, I feel this blog has anyways gotten really boring and there is no point in continuing it any further. All in all, I had a great last weekend, a nice break from work and the whole mundane life and I feel a lot more rejuvenated. :)

So long...

1 comment:

Revs said...

hey hey!! nice post man!! maybe u should start a travelogue. dont we get to see pictures BTW???

ROFL @ //or for all the brainless who think chick magalur is a place where there are lots of chicks

Sheeesh!!! :D