Saturday, June 28, 2008

This and that

Well then... nothing unusual. Have apparently been lousily inactive on blogs once again, atleast when it comes to posting. So thought I'll sum up whatever has happened over that past month. Purely this and that. Can get really boring coz of late, the author seems to have lost his touch and is pretty rusty in terms of sense of humor.

4 weeks back: Had been on the yearly pilgrimage trip with mom, bro, uncle and aunt. It was temples, temples and more temples and yours truly was obviously bored. But then the most interesting part of the whole journey was visiting my ancestoral village. We stayed there for a night and a day and boy the memories are simply stuck on to me. Picture this: A country side home with small streets. Greenary all around. River flowing right behind the home, a nice little hill where the sun rises and a huge pocket of hills where the sun sets and life so simple. Had great fun at this small beauty of a village called Karugurchi. And I decided one thing for sure. I'll make a lot of money, go there, buy myself some land and a house and settle down. That IS Life. Trust me.

3 Weeks ago: Had been on a trip to Edekkal caves on a weekend. There were 17 of us in a mini van which had license for just 13. Ended up coughing 2 grand each to the Kerala border police as fine but then what the heck. Superb trip where we had great fun climbing right upto the top of Edekkal caves. One helluva trek that. Steep, dangerous and what more... we had a few 'oh-I-am-this-delicate-darling-and-I-always-need-someone's-help' kinda lohamale creatures who we had to support all the way to the top. But then... apparently there were these 'oh-I-am-this-stud-who-is-ever-ready-to-help-anything-that-looks-remotely-female-to-score-brownie-points' kinda guys. So I was just a mute spectator to all these as I climbed my way to the top. I mean...come on!! I can help if its like really steep and you are not able to climb coz you are short or you dont have the strength. Why on earth would someone need help to climb a rock(err...stone) which is not even half the size of my house's stairs is what I wanna know. I hate the fact that some girls get away with such outrageous demands just because they are girls given the fact that they earn just as much as I do and what more, they pay less tax than I do. 33% reservation eh?? Huh... But whatever... Had a nice time amongst nature and felt really relieved and de-stressed. The best part were the tea estates in Wayanad and of course the wonderful Suchipura falls. I wanna go there again to trek sans some fuzzy girls. Well, I wouldnt deny that there were a couple of brave and neat trekker girls too. Love you guys and your spirit and the free lime-soda you got me for the lousy PJs I made. Thats the way to go!!

2 Weeks ago: Wrote a blog on the meaning of ZOMG in my office blogs and boy, it surely went down well(hehehe...ok...not too well) with a lot of folks. Having had the reputation to post absolute crap in blogs, this one was like the jewel in the crown. People went bonkers and I had another 15-20 additions to the already long list of 'Hate-Karthik-till-he-dies' members list. But then what the heck, no one understand the deep philosophy that I put into each of the crappola that I write. Talking of crappola I realized that there is no such word in the English dictionary. Now then, I really want to copyright the word. Its meaning literally translates to anything thats absolutely irrelevant in worldly contexts and yet makes a lot of sense if read in a philosophical sense. And this is a word everyone in office identifies my blogs with. Aint that cool... A word coined by Karthik, for Karthik, of Karthik. Wooo hooooo... And whats the necessity to shield sanity with a shield of insanity? Well... so that the wise get the needy and the rest maintain status quo. hehe...

1 1/2 Week ago: Done with bro's engineering counselling. YAME he is gonna be. Just like me. I hope he doesnt become YAMEWBALSE. The best part is that he is gonna study in the same college and the same branch as me. Cant wait to hear from him as to how the lecturers are asking him in that weird tone, "You are Karthik's brother... ??" hehehe... But trust me... He has big shoes to fit in.
Oh btw...
YAME = Yet Another Mechanical Engineer.
YAMEWBALSE = Yet Another Mechanical Engineer Who Became A Lousy Software Engineer.

1 Week Ago: I was asked by my HR to host the MVP Award Ceremony in my Unit. MVP stands for Most Valuable Performer. It was a pretty cheap thing for me to do given the fact that it was going to be on Video Conference and you dont need to even stand. (Ahem...Karthik Subbaiah is a bigtime public speaker having spoken in front of large, unsupportive crowd many a times.)God knows why the HR made such a hoopla about it and made us rehearse so many times. Result: I had truck loads of work to catch up on. It came out really well or should I say pretty boring. But thats not the important thing. The important thing was, yours truly was nominated for MVP awards(No... shed the thought that MVP stands for Most Vetti Paya) But I came to know that I was nominated the day before the awards while I knew the winners five days earlier. Talk about knowing the answers before even being asked the question... Phew... I felt like GOD. I am. Thats a whole different issue altogether.

1 Day Ago: Watched Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic. Dumb movie actually, but I somehow liked it. Probably for the kids who have done a great job and the movie's sheer dumbness at time. Nice dumbness I would say. The + points and - points got my attention. I'll use it on my kids for sure. :) But then what the hell... its a movie afterall. We cant search logic for everything na. And Karthik loves kids. So there you go. 3 stars for the movie from my side.

Alright then. I apparently dont have many readers out here as noone knows that I write here. Time to call upon everyone to jump over here. For I'll be stopping blogs in office as I might not have access after a few days. Reasons...well...will be updated later. So long...

Updates: Well...apparently the word Crappola already exists in the Urban Dictionary. Huh... The hopelessly hopeful hope of mine squashed!! :P:P

3 comments:

Revs said...

I almost wrote "nice post karthik. random thoughts well expressed" but then i glanced up and saw that u had the audacity to blog roll me as Raavs!! :-\
Kilpauk mental!!!!!!

--//I'll make a lot of money, go there, buy myself some land and a house

and rent it out to me!! remember?? ;)


--//'oh-I-am-this-delicate-darling-and-I-always-need-someone's-help'

ROFL. i so know what you are talking about. i am surpised u didnt act chivalrous and try to rescue the damsels in distress!! :P

--errr no comments on crappola. i have been subjected to it and i am a lifetime loyal member of hate karthik even AFTER he dies community!! :P

--sigh!! yet another useless engineer? why didnt u advice him to take up everything other than engineering!!

--what can i say?? congratulations most vetti paya!! :P

--is TPTM like ta ra rum pum?

Life Mysterious said...

Oh cool...so u started updating this one as well!?Gr8 host and al, crappola - well well....i'll save my wrds for sometime else...
but intriguing is this line "For i'll b stopping blogs in office as I might not hav access after a few days..."
Hmm...

Karthik Subbaiah said...

@Raavs:
Rent it out to you??hehe...Sure...why not...Rent: 18 grand a month. (Other undisclosed charges extra)
On showing chivalry...well.. I am not this 'oh-I-am-this-stud-who-is-ever-ready-to-help-anything-that-looks-remotely-female-to-score-brownie-points' types...So there.
And what...you also hate me kya?? waaah.. :'( (hehe...I love crocodile tears)
TPTM is better than TRRP. I liked it for the kids. :)
Thanks for visiting Raaavs!! :)

@anKi: Madamji ki jai ho. Stop thinking so much and stop reading between my lines. You still havent completed Stranger!! I am bhery bhery angry bhith you. :\
Anyways... keep visiting. :)