Friday, July 4, 2008

Those things that I do...

'Whose gonna entertain us all when you are gone?', she said. Now this she is a collegue of mine who I have been haunting for the past 2 and half years. I mean, project after project after project, its just devilish providence that she always ends up in my project. Its been so long since she knows me and has been a loyal member of the 'Bugee' club of Karthik. I love to bug her. Have tormented her with my crazy thoughts, stupid ideas, crappola and what not. Now when I stare at a time when I'll be going off elsewhere, it seems our team which includes her is going to miss the entertainment they get..huh.. What about all the technical help in Java and Vignette I provided you guys...Dawgs!!

Anyways... I was pondering why they find me entertaining. I mean... I dont do anything deliberately to entertain them. I just be myself. But a little deep dwelling into the things that I do, I now feel, yes... I sometimes do really stupid and crazy things.

Those things I do:
1. I am a bad singer. So bad that even the donkeys can expect to win grammys but I cant. I am that bad. But the good part is, I am a singer. And I sing. :) Any song that I find catchy, I keep humming my way to glory. What more, I sing it with full emotions bringing about all those expressions on my face. Only to be guffawed by people. For one, the song I sing would be like 'Nagada nagada nagada baja' and to top that expressions. But I am unaware of what happens while I sing coz I close my eyes. :D

2. I talk to myself. Yes. All by myself. When I am doing something, I simply cant keep scolding myself, correcting myself and keep talking to myself. There have been so many times people have thought that I am talking to them only to find out that I am talking to myself with headphones blaring. So I dont even know if I am talking aloud. In the process of thinking aloud, I do make people go bonkers. The best part is, its not just with myself that I talk(apart from other people of course..duh) I talk to all the inanimate things that you can find. For example the ring that I am wearing. Its called "pavithram" and its very tight. I keep telling it not to hurt me and loosen up a bit. It works, trust me. Then I have this comp of mine.. "Tracy"(Named after the legendary Tracy Chapman) I simply love conversing with her. Whenever something doesnt work or the system hangs, I get irked that I scold her with all the unmentionable bad words and when something works I am like all gaga. I dont know why people find it odd. I mean, come on. Even machines need someone to talk to.

3. I think I am dyslexic. But in a different sense. If I am not, how does one explain the fact that I always end up throwing my coffee mug in the bin and take the tissue paper to wash?? This always happens after coffee with my collegues. Now its not just that. I close the opened gate and then try to get my vehicle out. I unlock my machine and then switch the monitor off. In school I remember many times getting confused with the right/left shoes. Used to wear it ulta. I have always had trouble with these push and pull doors. I push when its written pull and pull when its written push. Now then... I really wonder if I need to go to some special school. How about a special office, where you get paid for getting alright?? :D

4. I have the most inordinate ways of making a chat conversation. I dont remember the last time I opened the chat window and typed a decent, "Hi...Whats up??" or an answer to the same question from the other side saying, "Hi... I am good. How are you??" Its always things like zoink, bling bling, yo, a reply to their messenger note or some crap which makes absolutely no sense. And most of the chat conversations would serve no useful purpose to either parties. There has been a time when I chatted with just smiley with this friend of mine for a full one hour. And people ask me, cant you just be normal. Talking crap and sending smileys is normal no?? *blinks innocently*

5. Whenever in the food court, I pick a group of people and try to talk as to what they would be talking. This usually would be couples or a group of silly-look, giggling girls. Its fun to mock them and understand their true emotions you know. *Wicked Grin* Its one gala affair.

6. I am rubber faced. My face can take weird shapes... I mean those smiley shapes. I have had galore of people telling me that when I talk my face also talk. Ewwww... I dont find that funny but they do. But yeah, I love to make faces. I always do. And what more, whenever I find a mirror, be it anywhere, I make faces at myself. In fact, I can emulate a lotta those smileys on messenger with ease.

7. I like weird noises. And I always make them. For example, the noise or sound that gets done when you blow air into your drink. Especially, milk shakes and those thick drinks. Its amazing to see the bubbles and even amazing to hear that glob-glob sound. And then there is this plastic crushing sound. I simply love it. I simply have to make that sound with the cover of chips pack. Thats one of the reasons I buy chips. There are a lot more such noises. For example, the sound of the keyboard(ok..thats geeky.. agreed.. but still.. I love it), the sound a vehicle makes when accelerated in neutral, the sound of sneeze, the sound of gargling and the glass breaking noise. :)

8. I simply cant open plastic covers. For example, candy packets, shampoo sachets, chips cover or any other cover made of plastic. I simply cant. It just wont open. I feel so irritated at times that I actually ask the shop keeper for scissors. How bad is that?? And everyone laughs at me saying I am such a kid. Guys... chill. It happens. Everyone has a weakness. Mine has gotta do with opening things...err...plastic covers. :(

Ok wait... I dont think I'll stop anytime soon if I go on like this coz the list is endless. And its getting boring to talk about myself. :( Oh yeah... By the way, even I am gonna miss all the fun we have at office very soon. Coz I am going morque.(In case you dint get that, type onsite in your mobile in t9 mode) I am planning on a long trip. Hope everything is gonna be just okay!!

4 comments:

Karuna said...

hehe..its time for the Americans to pay for their sins!! :P

liked the list..n I ve no doubts that u ve been truthful..but ahem..u really are quite childish!!

@dyslexia..more than that, it jus indicates absent mindedness :P

Anonymous said...

Kiddo!!
@1 God save the world around u!! :P
@2 Lol.. Your cubicle mates must be having such a hard time!!
@3 I know :P
@7 : Saw that.. tried the same n loved it.. now can't get off it..
@8 U r a kid at heart :P :P

Anonymous said...

oops!! anonymous comment..

i so hate it when things r blocked n i gotta use proxy..

anyway....here it goes.. :P

Kiddo!!
@1 God save the world around u!! :P
@2 Lol.. Your cubicle mates must be having such a hard time!!
@3 I know :P
@7 : Saw that.. tried the same n loved it.. now can't get off it..
@8 U r a kid at heart :P :P

Life Mysterious said...

See see...and some one was telling me to stop reading between the lines....!
Sigh....I can imagine... :P!